Pore Control Cleanser
- Product details
- Mode of Action
- FDA Monograph
- Clinical Trials
- Face Sponge
A soothing cleanser that will control and normalize the skin's oil production and dislodge sebum plugs from pores. Salicylic acid has an anti-inflammatory / skin calming action that will reduce irritation and redness. It will clean skin from resistant congestion and will provide anti-bacterial action. The Aloe Vera included in this formulation will help nourish, soothe, and hydrate skin that is dehydrated from other acne therapies.
Full ingredient list
Aqua, Hamamelis virginiana, Polyethylene Glycol, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Cocoamidopropyl Betaine, Salicylic acid, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin, Aloe barbadensis, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA
- Patients on oral isotretinoin therapy
Do not use this product if you have a known allergy or sensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Topical salicylic acid is pregnancy-safe, according to the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecologists. It is always advisable to confirm with your healthcare practitioner.
Resistant skin - able to tolerate the product in its most potent form:
- Use morning and evening.
- Apply on dry skin. You may slightly damp your fingers to help with spreading. If you apply your cleanser to dry skin, you are able to circulate the cleanser over your eyes without burning or stinging.
- Keep the cleanser on for 3 minutes or longer.
- Remove the cleanser with a clean, lukewarm face cloth or the microfibre face sponge. This will also help to remove excess makeup and loose peeling skin.
Sensitive skin - not able to tolerate the product in its most potent form yet:
- Use only in the evening. Rinse face with clean water in the morning. If you have loose peeling skin, wipe your face with a lukewarm face cloth in the morning. This will help to remove this loose dead skin.
- Apply cleanser on wet face. This will help to neutralize the cleanser to decrease the potency. Do not apply over your eyes.
- Keep the cleanser on for 1 minute or shorter.
- Remove the cleanser with a clean, lukewarm face cloth, or the microfibre face sponge. This will also help to remove excess makeup and loose peeling skin.
Exfoliation: Salicylic acid works by loosening and breaking apart desmosomes (attachments between cells in the outer layers of the skin). This action encourages exfoliation of dead and damaged skin and unclogging of pores.
Blackheads and Whiteheads: Salicylic acid is lipophilic, which means it can penetrate oily skin and clogged pores, resulting in deep cleaning.
Acne and Inflammation: Salicylic acid can reduce sebum secretion, which is another way it can help reduce acne. Salicylic acid reduces inflammation by modulating COX2 gene expression to decrease the formation of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins.
MEDICAL GRADE ALOE VERA
Wound healing: Aloe vera contains glucomannan, a polysaccharide, and gibberellin, a growth hormone. These works by interacting with growth factor receptors found on the fibroblast. As a result, the fibroblast’s proliferation is triggered, increasing collagen synthesis, resulting in faster wound healing.
Reduce Inflammation: Aloe vera is an effective anti-inflammatory agent. It inhibits the cyclooxygenase pathway and decreases the prostaglandin E2 production from arachidonic acid.
Hydration and Anti-aging: Mucopolysaccharides in Aloe Vera help in binding moisture into the skin. Aloe stimulates fibroblast, which produces collagen and elastin fibers making the skin more elastic and less wrinkled. Amino acids in Aloe soften hardened skin cells.
Pore Appearance: Zinc in Aloe acts as an astringent to tighten pores.
Click here to be directed to the comprehensive clinical trials page
Receive a free Microfibre Face Sponge with any 175ml DermExcel cleanser.
Normal reactions that may occur include stinging or burning, skin peeling, or skin irritation.
Follow the below guidelines to manage initial irritation reaction:
- Use only in the evening. Rinse face with clean water in the morning. When you have loose peeling skin (may feel like dry skin) wipe your face with a lukewarm face cloth or microfibre sponge in the morning. This will help to remove this loose dead skin.
- Apply cleanser on wet face. This will help to decrease the potency. Do not apply over your eyes.
- Keep the cleanser on for shorter periods. Gradually increase the timeframe as your skin becomes more tolerant.
- Remove the cleanser with a clean, lukewarm face cloth or microfibre sponge. This will also help to remove excess makeup and loose peeling skin.